Friday, April 13, 2007

V/A – Hamster (7“) Level Records #01 circa 1994





Washington D.C. based Level Records started with this compilation 7” dedicated to hamsters (but more on the funny side), with some early nineties semi-heroes – counts at least for Ashes, Worlds Collide and I Spy. Sadly the informations provided are rare and some of the songs are already released otherwise. One of the best Worlds Collide songs in my opinion. The 7” lacks mastering as fuck!!!


(Worlds Collide; from a Myspace tribute page)

V/A – hamster (7“) Level Records #01 circa 1994

side a:
Worlds Collide
1. Effect Of The Age
Ashes
1. Tainted skies

side b:
Load
1. The Strike
I Spy
1. Everything
[OGG Vorbis, 256k, password: antithesis, mirror 1, mirror 2]

Links:
Some informations about Ashes
Worlds Collide @ Myspace

3 comments:

b. brown said...

HA! I was two posts away from posting this 7". It was in my pile of things to digitize. I looked at it today. Even listened to it to relive it. It had been a while. Ha! Crazy how that works. I visit Antithesis today and BAM! There it is. Like I said, I think we have the same collection.

Hirsinger Youth said...

Maybe we should write e-mails first agreeing on our future posts :), but in the end I am quite sure, that you will post something later on which is in front of the record player waiting to be digitalized. I am very pleased with this kind of ping pong.

b. brown said...

Hehe well in any case, I love what you do! That's why I love doing the blog: finding other people who are into this sort of thing. Keep posting!