Saturday, April 28, 2007

SHUTDOWN (UK) - self titled (12") Off The Disk #10 1991



Not to be mistaken with the New York straight edge hardcore band.

I do like every Off The Disk records except the one by Red Fisher1. And like stated before I am a huge fan of the mid80ies/early 90ies melodic UK sound. I never heard their demo tape which is supposed to be brilliant and will be posted soon on Good Bad Music For Bad, Bad Times.
This 12" - one of the overlooked OTD records (you' ll find it in many cheapo lists of mail orders) - has some quite nice moments I also love when listening to HDQ, Instigators etc., especially the flip side has two great songs. There was also a UK version I think with a different cover on Boss Tune Age.

I do not have many infos, I only know that they existed about 4 or 5 years from 1990 on and also had two albums after this 12", which I - like always - never listened to; they were also a huge influence to many UK bands later and some members joined The Great Leap Forward.

Here is the description from the old - now offline - Off The Disk Records homepage:

"OTD 10 Shutdown- 12" 1000 pressed. Not as good as their demo which I still like a lot. Still some good moments here."

SHUTDOWN - self titled (12") Off The Disk #10 1991

side a:
1. let her go
2. broken
3. imprint
4. so many years

side b:
1. king of fools
2. just be there
3. British way of life
4. paralysed
[OGG Vorbis, 256k, password: antithesis]




1 At least the artwork with the black - red contrast was nice. If it' s fine with "the Off" I am going to do Rupture, Factory and Monument too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey could you please upload this again,would be very much appreciated!
thanks