Tuesday, April 17, 2007

DYSTOPIA - live Bunker Nimmerland, Friedrichshafen, Germany 05-23-1997 & tour poster



Here is the European tour poster with a nice Queen rip off, some years before the Locust record came out. The posters came out of the print shop when the tour was already done - nice timing -, so I am quite sure, that not too many have seen it yet.

Dystopia are among my all time favourites and - for me - one of the best things ever coming out of hardcore and punk, and although I do not like the idea of being a fan: I am a huge Dystopia fan. They played live at our local youth club together with Präparation-H, Hifi-Killers and Painted Thin, due to four bands playing at the evening, Dystopia started about 3 o' clock in the morning, but it was one of the greatest concerts I attended, which I am going to share here with you since many Bunker Nimmerland shows were recorded onto mini disc directly from the soundboard.
I thought about doing a official tape with this show some years ago and Mauz also agreed on doing so since it should have been a benefit for an activist who got caught during hunting sabotage. After familial problems, me moving 700 miles away and the recipient of the intended benefit turned out being a total asshole the tape never saw the light of day. 2 years ago Pat from Useless Recordings and me thought about doing it again, me writing Mauz again (after I "found" him at Myspace), but Pat and me never pulled our lazy asses together. At least I managed to do a digital version now. The Präparation-H1 show was recorded too and after I sent Dan a digital copy some weeks ago they decided to release it as an official CD! So keep your eyes open for this release and grab some of the last copies of the latest 3" CD by them.

New Dystopia release this year!

DYSTOPIA - live Bunker Nimmerland, Friedrichshafen, Germany 05-23-1997

1. complete live set
[OGG Vorbis, 192k]



(live Bunker Nimmerland; taken by Pat or Isa)

Links:
Life Is Abuse
Dystopia "not so official page"

1 You already guessed it: I am a huge lover of Präparation-H too!

No comments: