Sunday, April 15, 2007

EURICH – 1st (7”) Fragil Records #01 1995



First release by Fragil Records and Eurich, too; Together with Honeywell this might be one of the bands who antedated this style: ultrafast, hectic, spastic drumming, high pitched, screamed vocals and strumming guitars settling unexpectedly, switching off the distortion. I loved it. Even the inferior and plain production does no harm to the power of this record. The lyrics are very, very simple and personal on this release, but have a cynical undertone I loved: “I gave you everything, you gave me a headache.”
Of course all in a packaging you would expect: screen printed paper bag, dredged back etc.
Their later stuff is getting better and better then; 4 years ago a discography CD has been released but seemed to have bad distribution since I couldn't get it in Europe anywhere.

EURICH – 1st (7”) Fragil Records #01 1995

side a:
1. distant
2. Paper cut
3. New year song

side b:
1. Cowshed
2. Alien
3. Eeyore
[OGG Vorbis, 256k, password: antithesis]


Links:
Eurich interview
Eurich homepage

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

something is wrong with the password.
thx

Hirsinger Youth said...

maybe I hit the wrong key or so... I am uploading it again.

Hirsinger Youth said...

Try again, Sohn.