Monday, March 26, 2007

REFLEX FROM PAIN – black and white (7“) Bitzcore #01675 1991/ reissue




Has Reflex From Pain been posted somewhere before? I am sure the C.I.A. 7" was posted several times (why not the lp too? It is not that bad). Please tell me, but I will continue anyway:
This was originally released by Death Threat Records in 1983 but since I am a poor punk rocker (I was once told there aren’ t any1), I just have the rerelease by Bitzcore which is sadly without a lyric sheet (many Bitzcore releases – although being great – look like any Lost And Found stuff) but has additional songs which weren’ t on the original 7” (they are a bit behind the original 7" songs). I never read their lyrics so I am quite interested in someone who might provide them from the original version! Thanks.

What I always loved about the CT hardcore stuff was that they were locally caught between two, no three stools: D.C., New York and Boston. And it seems that this had quite an influence on their sound. The speed from Boston, the harshness from NY without being tough and diversity and melody from D.C.. Reflex From Pain is no exception here: great and powerful Reagan Era hardcore. 1983 was a great vintage to hardcore punk.

Reflex From Pain – black and white (7“) Bitzcore #01675 1991
side a:
1. Media control
2. Chemicals
3. Holy pictures
4. Rednecks
5. Generic life

side b:
1. Hangover
2. The scream
3. Urban decay
4. American express
5. Dino
[OGG Vorbis, 256k, password: antithesis, mirror 1, mirror 2]


1 The famous Kult-huren stated once: "I’ d like to be antisocial but I do not have the money to do so."

No comments: