Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ANASARCA/ ANONYMOUS - split (7") Planaria Recordings #01 1995/ 1996




We' re going to have a "emo special" here for many further postings. One of the two vinyl releases (7" on Yuletide was the other one) by Anasarca who were quite overlooked back then but in the end an influence to others (for example Blue Water Boy/ Crush My Calm stated that Anasarca were besides Current etc. a influence to their sound), this also led Second Nature to release a discography cd/ lp. But I have to admit that I like their previous stuff more, their song sounds a bit like the link between old emo core and the succeeding "disco emo metal" wave.
I liked Anonymous - not to be mistaken for the old wave punk band -, being even better than on their first own 7", here more than Anasarca; like a good strumming version of Avail or in the second song like a more screamy version of - if you know them - Clairmel. I think one member of Lifetime used to play in Anonymous too.

The label also did the Elements Of Need/ Jasemine split 7" and the Plunger lp.

I just found an old picture by Anasarca on my computer - live in D.C. I think:



ANASARCA/ ANONYMOUS - split (7") Planaria Recordings #01 1995/ 1996

side a:
Anasarca
1. everything was beautiful and nothing hurt

side b:
Anonymous
1. butterfly cather
2. again
[OGG Vorbis, 256k, password: antithesis, mirror 1, mirror 2]

Links:
Planaria Records

No comments: