Monday, November 17, 2008

THE DESCENDENTS - ride the wild / it's a hectic world (7" ) Orca & Pacific Records l-1056 1980 & 1985





I still don't get all the myths around this 7". The first version is considered to be in a 100 pieces press run but for 100 pieces it just pops up too often. My copy is supposed to be the reissue from 1985 and it states "an ORCA production for PACIFIC RECORDS INT." on the back. Is Pacific Records Int. = Pinsicato Records???? Or is this copy an even later rerelease? Also this copy has stated "recorded in 1979" on the back, which I have never seen on any other sleeves of the reissue. But who cares! The Descendents still without Milo and more into surf than punk and: I love it. I do not share the many scorchers concerning this 7".

Here is a detailed posting about the pressings but I am not wiser after reading it, especially concerning my copy.

It's a SPOT production of course. This 7" is later included on SST's "bonus fat" compilation - still available as cd, 12" or even cassette.

THE DESCENDENTS - ride the wild / it's a hectic world (7" ) Orca & Pacific Records l-1056 1980 & 1985


side a:
1. ride the wild

side b:
1. it's a hectic world
[OGG vorbis, maximum quality, password: antithesis, mirror1, mirror 2)

Links:

The Descendents
This 7" @ Flex!

No comments: