Sunday, November 16, 2008

MOHINDER & NITWITS - split (7") Stinky Feet Records #?? & Unleaded Records #?? 1994





Here is the Mohinder split 7" with Nitwits on both the bands' own labels Stinky Feet and Unleaded. Nitwits from San Jose were totally different and this split was recorded right after their demo tape (I will post their own 7" too). I liked their snotty lowfi punk more then comparable stuff from labels like Recess in the 90ies. Another band that comes to my mind is Quadiliacha1. I still wonder what amps were used by Nitwits since they make Destroyer sound like Manowar.
The three Mohinder songs might be my favourites by the band - especially "Imbalance" which has some very Swing Kids-ish moments. All tracks are even better recorded compared to the other two singles.
Companies which produced envelopes back then must have been well off in the 90ies if you consider the need by kids to buy them in huge quantities for silkscreening and hand painting them over.

MOHINDER & NITWITS - split (7") Stinky Feet Records #?? & Unleaded Records #?? 1994

side a:
Nitwits
1. Captain America
2. Walgreens Girl
3. Strawgly

side b:
Mohinder
1. Number One
2. Imbalance
3. Itch
[OGG Vorbis, maximum quality, password: antithesis, mirror 1, mirror 2)

Links:
To me known releases by Unleaded (Mohinder's own label)
7" @ Discogs

1 I wanted to post their 7" and 10" until I realised that nearly everything by them is on this page and in a good quality. I even didn't know that they had a fulllength cd but these weren't my cd buying times back then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, thank you.
And i almost thought that blog died :(

Hirsinger Youth said...

Back with a bang... trying to post everyday now!

Anonymous said...

great day of recording at house of faith. thanks for posting. brings it all back.