Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DISFEAR - self titled (7") No Records #02 1992




Since the band is nearly existing for 20 years - if you include the Anti-Bofors - now I will celebrate this with their first 7"; okay I am lying, I was just going through my 7" records starting with "dis" for the Dismay 7". Since there are a lot records starting with "dis" in my collection, I didn't know what to pick first but I choose Disfear's debut released in 1992 by No Records, a short lived label which was "taken over" by Finn Records then.

Disfear became quite huge now due to being on Relapse - I even wonder if their wider audience knows "soul scars" and "everyday slaughter" - and having a more popular sound now (thinking of Mötorhead, Turbonegro and Entombed etc.), which still rips anyway.

This single can't be compared to the new Disfear sound: d-beat with this typical Swedish sound that made me buy hundreds of records blindly at that time (do not just blame it on Anti-Cimex and Mob 47). The worst part - maybe the blog indicated earlier that I had (have?) a huge love for d-beat/dis-core and crust - I listened to those records daily and now the vinyl of all those records is totally shabby. The Disfear 7" is no exception here - but no match to my fucked up Discharge singles - and I tried to polish the sound with Steinberg's Wavelab, but it just made it worth, so I kept the 1:1 recording I did. The last song is a cover tribute to Svart Parad - maybe known to some of you tape traders (a species becoming extinct).

DISFEAR - self titled (7") No Records #02 1992

side a:
1. religion
2. min elegi
3. undergang

side b:
1. vietnam idag
2. det sista kriget (Svart Parad)
[OGG Vorbis, maximum quality, password: antithesis, mirror 1, mirror 2]

Links:
Disfear
Disfear@Myspace

No comments: