Sunday, December 16, 2007

FLOODGATE - Troubles A' Brewin (12") Youth Strike Chord #2 & Ebullition #13.5 1993/1994




And finally: Floodgate's 12" which was a cooperation between Ebullition and the band's own label Youth Strike Chord - a huge step forward after their 7" but I must insist: still behind the double 7". Anyway I always loved how they managed to keep their sound on the hardcore side and "6+5+4=3" and "big brother blindness" are really two great songs. The instrumental on the flip side totally reminds me of something... but I can't recall of what... Rain? You tell me.

Funny sidenote: I saw this twelve inch on some Spanish blog filed under the category "Stoner".

FLOODGATE - Troubles A' Brewin (12") Youth Strike Chord #2 & Ebullition #13.5 1993/1994

side a:
1. troubles a' brewin
2. 6+5+4=3
3. big brother blindness

side b:
1.floodgate, m.l. (instrumental)
2. eldin o'brian
3. ancient of days
[OGG Vorbis, 256k, password: antithesis, mirror 1, mirror 2]

And since it has been a while, I repost their double 7":

Click! (Here is the original posting)

2 comments:

Salmagundi Syncopation said...

Been looking for this LP for a long time! I sold mine years ago like a fool. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

i accidentally saved the one copy of one of the inserts as something else, its not this one:
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/z0id88/TroublesABrewin3.jpg
could you maybe post me a copy of it? cant download the whole file again, i have a download cap (primitive hey?)...
kthanks